Sunday, March 30, 2008

Art Quilts Not Politics





2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow!

Love them.

Anonymous said...

I adore the art quilts! (I use to quilt some myself and always thought I'd do more, but never really wanted to invest the money in it.)

Those are beautiful.

Dare I tell you about the antique Civil War quilt that I ADORED and WANTED sooooooooooooooooo badly! However, the reason I didn't buy it was because it was priced at $2,500 dollars (or more) and frankly, I could have put it on my credit card but my hubby would have KILLED me had I spent that much on a quilt.

So instead I use to go every day and visit it at the antique shop. I was sooooo upset and disappointed when it sold within a month of being there. To this day, I feel a connection to that quilt and wish I would have bought it.

You have to understand that I am a fairly frugal person by nature and have a hard time writing a check for more than a hundred dollars! And 2,500 was not feasible at the time, because we had just built our home and moved, so we were still adjusting to new costs.

Also, I never buy anything unless I 'fall in love with it!' and even when I fall in love with things, I remind myself that they're only 'objects' not anything more. But the quilt is one 'object' that I miss dearly and wish I would have bought. (It's somewhere in Iowa now, unless the new owner sold it. )

Gosh...now you have me thinking about the only other 'object' I fell in love with and TRIED to purchase except just as I went to grab them, a different lady grabbed it first. I guess I hesitated too long--and took too long convincing myself to buy them.

Ahhhh...I guess you don't want to hear more about my disappointment.

~~S