One of the things I really like about this one... Usually I put the eyes as direct as possible, looking straight into you. I like the ones where the eyes follow you.
But on this one... try staring her in the eyes. She refuses to meet your gaze.
Almost...and then she seems to look away. It's cool!
It gives her a very modest, almost shy presence and it is in deep contrast to her total nudity.
I really like this canvas. The colors just shine like a fine jewl to the naked eye.
Your encouragement is appreciated. And inspiring, it really is. It motivates me to go even farther.
My comp is finished hiccupping I think, so I will be on here more often than I have been recently. So if yall get bored elsewhere just hit me up here, I will be watching.
Actually she has a finger I should have fixed, but I was in a hurry to finish I guess.
I already put on this amazing top coat. The stuff stinks bad but it is the best sealer I have ever used. It not only dies perfectly crystal clear (no clouding) it makes the canvas glitter like it is covered in glass. The little dots you see in the pic are not actually there, those dots are the light reflecting on that top coat.
As for it being the same color as ours Carol, I just had to try that combination again. It does have a different effect as far as it is a different subject and style, but it does have the same effect in one way.
That color combination does not just say 'Rich' it says 'luxury'. It is a very refined and classic combination, and the effect it has on canvas is to make it look very, very high quality.
The pic washed out the color some what, but to the naked eye it is a stunning color combination. The actual canvas, with that sparkling top coat that makes the paint still look wet, is just a real beauty.
That Picasso though, is still more of a stunner, I have to say. That canvas just blew my mind!
And yes Ally, I was thinking about that too, when I showed you the original some time ago. I really love the original, but I think the face on mine is much prettier, even though he was a better artist than I.
He did that stylized face on her, I never could figure out why he did that unless she was truly just very unattractive.
8 comments:
Christy, I can't find a email addy for you and wanted to ask if I can join your blog or is it only for your friends? I'm a fan.
Genki
Wow. Cool. I have a fan!
Hmmm. That is very interesting.
simpson1962@bellsouth.net
One of the things I really like about this one... Usually I put the eyes as direct as possible, looking straight into you. I like the ones where the eyes follow you.
But on this one... try staring her in the eyes. She refuses to meet your gaze.
Almost...and then she seems to look away. It's cool!
It gives her a very modest, almost shy presence and it is in deep contrast to her total nudity.
I really like this canvas. The colors just shine like a fine jewl to the naked eye.
Beautiful piece, CHristy.
It reminds me of the six toed nude at the bar we use to go to. (And the campground we went to in Colorado when I was growing up.)
Used to crack me up! Thinking of people so busy looking at her body to notice the extra appendages.
lol.
s
Christy
You shared the original with me in ReBelle Nation, and now I get to see it on canvas - you did a wonderful rendition.
I love this!
Formerly Ally McLesbian
Great work, Christy!
Interesting that it has the same colors as mine. I see it now, but the feel is so different! I never would have realized if you hadn't said so.
Thanks you guys. I love our blog here so much.
Your encouragement is appreciated. And inspiring, it really is. It motivates me to go even farther.
My comp is finished hiccupping I think, so I will be on here more often than I have been recently. So if yall get bored elsewhere just hit me up here, I will be watching.
Six toed nude! HAHAHA!
Actually she has a finger I should have fixed, but I was in a hurry to finish I guess.
I already put on this amazing top coat. The stuff stinks bad but it is the best sealer I have ever used. It not only dies perfectly crystal clear (no clouding) it makes the canvas glitter like it is covered in glass. The little dots you see in the pic are not actually there, those dots are the light reflecting on that top coat.
As for it being the same color as ours Carol, I just had to try that combination again. It does have a different effect as far as it is a different subject and style, but it does have the same effect in one way.
That color combination does not just say 'Rich' it says 'luxury'. It is a very refined and classic combination, and the effect it has on canvas is to make it look very, very high quality.
The pic washed out the color some what, but to the naked eye it is a stunning color combination. The actual canvas, with that sparkling top coat that makes the paint still look wet, is just a real beauty.
That Picasso though, is still more of a stunner, I have to say. That canvas just blew my mind!
And yes Ally, I was thinking about that too, when I showed you the original some time ago. I really love the original, but I think the face on mine is much prettier, even though he was a better artist than I.
He did that stylized face on her, I never could figure out why he did that unless she was truly just very unattractive.
Post a Comment