Christy - scary times, that's for sure. Natural disasters are appalling. But the thought that someone deliberately lit the fire that wiped out an entire town is horrific in the extreme. My cousin had to evacuate her place which is luckily still standing. My uncle was hosing his roof at last report.
I'm so glad that you are all safe from the tornadoes.
Thanks Christy. This photo is actually a still from a video clip that was taken after a fire had gone through the area. It was taken at the location where I grew up. My cousins all live there still. Two of my cousins are volunteer fire fighters and on this day they were busy saving the homes of their sisters' families in the area. They're all children of the uncle who was hosing his roof.
So - it's been a pretty scary time, that's for sure. My family all survived with houses intact although the danger is not yet over. And they lost sheds and haysheds and other farm buildings. For those not so lucky this is hell for them to go through.
12 days of plus 40 temperatures which reached 46 and 47 (116 farenheit) on the days many fires broke out would have caused combustion anyway - a tiny bit of glass perhaps. Even so. If an arsonist is responsible for lighting a fire anywhere - murder or attempted murder should be the charges. So far 181 people are confirmed dead with over 80 unaccounted for. And while the southern state of the mainland burns, the north of the northern state is drowning. And in between is the very hot and drought-stricken middle state.
That's Australia. You have your tornadoes and hurricanes. Other places have tsunamis. I guess we need reminders now and then that we are NOT in charge of our planet.
Thanks for your support and I'll return to the art in this site as soon as I find my feet here. I just arrived home to find this nightmare happening.
5 comments:
This is so horrible. Unbelievable someone would do this on purpose.
Rossi has some good updates on her blog
http://rossiannsretreat.blogspot.com/
The tornados that came through Oklahoma last night went right through my two brothers area, we still can't reach them.
Thank God, we got through, all are ok.
My brother said one passed within 300 feet of his house and was headed straight for Matts house but it diverted.
THANK YOU GOD!
Christy - scary times, that's for sure. Natural disasters are appalling. But the thought that someone deliberately lit the fire that wiped out an entire town is horrific in the extreme. My cousin had to evacuate her place which is luckily still standing. My uncle was hosing his roof at last report.
I'm so glad that you are all safe from the tornadoes.
I am praying for your family Woz, and for your nation.
What kind of coward sets brush fires?
My God, that is just ....horrible.
Thanks Christy. This photo is actually a still from a video clip that was taken after a fire had gone through the area. It was taken at the location where I grew up. My cousins all live there still. Two of my cousins are volunteer fire fighters and on this day they were busy saving the homes of their sisters' families in the area. They're all children of the uncle who was hosing his roof.
So - it's been a pretty scary time, that's for sure. My family all survived with houses intact although the danger is not yet over. And they lost sheds and haysheds and other farm buildings. For those not so lucky this is hell for them to go through.
12 days of plus 40 temperatures which reached 46 and 47 (116 farenheit) on the days many fires broke out would have caused combustion anyway - a tiny bit of glass perhaps. Even so. If an arsonist is responsible for lighting a fire anywhere - murder or attempted murder should be the charges. So far 181 people are confirmed dead with over 80 unaccounted for. And while the southern state of the mainland burns, the north of the northern state is drowning. And in between is the very hot and drought-stricken middle state.
That's Australia. You have your tornadoes and hurricanes. Other places have tsunamis. I guess we need reminders now and then that we are NOT in charge of our planet.
Thanks for your support and I'll return to the art in this site as soon as I find my feet here. I just arrived home to find this nightmare happening.
Post a Comment