Saturday, December 22, 2007

Kandinsky



Kandinksy was Russian born - 1866-1944. He later became a French citizen. He's credited with the first modern abstract works.

I think I like abstract art because some of it makes me think (naively) "hey - I could do that!"

I'm a closet artist at heart who just doesn't have the time to give to it. I'm living vicariously through you, Christy!

5 comments:

Carol said...

By the way - this ISN'T one of the ones that makes me think I could do that!

Christy said...

Trust me, it is hard for even me to do that.

After years of striving for cleaner clearer lines, trying to deliberately distort an image is very difficult for me. I used to think of Picasso 'Whatever, a 5 year old could do that'. I thought that way until I tried doing it. Now I see he was a highly trained artist even I can appreciate.

I like this piece, the colors are great. It is very lighthearted and playful.

BTW, Welcome to the blog!

Looking forward to lots of good abstracts!

PS... I am also living vicariously, through you.

You have something I covet. Something I regret I do not have.

A damn fine formal education.

Trust me, I will learn more from you than I can teach you.

Maybe someone can teach me to spell!

HAHAHAHA!

Christy said...

That is a really great piece.

Once you enlarge it, it just bursts with color.

Me like mucho.

Carol said...

Thanks for inviting me in, Christy!

You have amazing talents that you have developed without spending thousands of dollars on an education. Your poetry, your writing and your art are impressive.

We can teach and inspire each other.

And by the way, I haven't noticed a spelling issue!

Christy said...

I am glad you are here darlin. Already it is becoming great fun. A mystery seems to be afoot, and the art yall are posting is great.

Thank you. You are very sweet. I did not pay the money, but I spent all my life studying somethng or other.

You know what the wierdest thing is? I just realized not too long ago, almost everything I ever learned, I learned in pursuit of art.

People are surprised by how much I know of Christian Theology, but alot of the worlds greatest art was based on its evolution. I learn history of all nations through their art.

Anatomy, geography, culture, mythology. All in pursuit of art. I never saw it before, how it determined everthing about me.

I am kinda glad I took the path I did, even if I missed out on a formal education. A degree with my natural sense of self worth would probaly turn me into a first class b*tch.

HAHA!

It is a good thing I had kids and found some latent feelings of empathy or I probably would of wound up a serial killer, not an artist.

I am blessed to have had the time to devote to it.