Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fresh from my easel


Venus Forever!
PS, If you click to enlarge, you can almost see she has a very light rose blush on her cheeks. It is very sweet on the actual canvas.
One day I will figure this photography thing out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "Photography thing"?

Christy said...

I mean I paint them, then photograph them, but the photos are never exact.

The reds and all of the yellows wash out or like her blush, small features in the paint.

It is a lighting problem.

Christy said...

Oh, and remember you asked how I would see my long gone paintings again...'if I am dead'...?

Because in the Afterlife, everything that was precious to us will be returned to us there.

Anonymous said...

Christy,

Regarding the photo thing...I suspect that it's not anything you're doing. First, the camera always makes things two dementional and second, the colors are never exatly as your eyes seem them too.

That's why a sunset is never as beautiful as the sunset you just watched!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I never thought of the objects you loved being returned to you in the afterlife. Although the Egyptions were burried with the objects they loved for that purpose.

But, I don't know if I believe in the afterlife anyways. I hope if there's a heaven that I'm there. And the only objects or things I treasure, and cherish, are my loved ones and my friends.

Of course there are objects I love. But I'd give or do anything for my loved ones. But there isn't an item on earth that would cause me to turn against one friend or family in order to get that special item.

It's one reason why the corporate politics and the evil people make no sense to me. The utter level of their selfishness just confounds me!

If I were Jenna Bush or her sister, I'd be sitting there going, "Dad...I don't want your money from the oil in Iraq."

But they can never have enough.

In terms of the other place in the afterlife--I find myself hoping evil people go there, but then again, I figure if I hope evil people go there, then that's probably where I'd end up. Because isn't it sort of evil to hope people go to H*LL?

(And there you have it...s logic at it's worst.)

Christy said...

Many of my beliefs mirror ancient Egyptian beliefs surrounding death and the Afterlife.

As far as I am concerned Amenhotep the 4th was the first true Christian king.

That is why it is easy for me not to covet. I will get all of it back when this life is over.

The people I love and the things I gave away or simply lost, all of them will be there after I am gone.

I even prefer my remains be mummified, but my man may have a problem with a 72 day proccess. And I am not quite sure it would be entirely legal even if he could bear it.

Yes, I am serious. I believe we should be preserved as best as we can be. Those that come behind us can learn alot from what we leave them.

I am not really sure so much about 'hell'. Maybe we all go to the same place, good and evil alike, I can't say. I do believe in evil, and the devil, but I don't know if they are like the stories we tell.

Something tells me the devil looks like everybody else. Only God can see him and know it is him.

I also believe in reincarnation, but to me it is more a matter of evolution.

The christian faith teaches that only through dedication to God can you find immortality. I believe slightly different. The first rule of science is...energy never dies.

If that is true, then, we all are immortal. Our souls are anyway.

I think the Afterlife is probably a very interesting place. And if my paintings are not there...ALL of them, I am going to be pissed off.