I swore when I moved out of apartments I would never again stare at white walls. That is no longer a problem for me.
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Love the colour schemes, Christy. And I especially love the spring flowers friezes. Well done. It's a shame we didn't see the before, so that we can really appreciate the transformation of the house.
Trust me... I wish you could see the 'before' too.
We bought this house without ever seeing the inside. We bought for the lot basicly. But once inside, I knew it would be fine, but my man was like 'OMFG!'.
I would say the house had never been painted since the first time it was painted and the white walls were in terrible shape.
I told him 'After I paint it will look like a whole different house'. It really really does.
But, unfortunately this house will probably be torn down once it is paid off, and another one built the right way and custom to us will go up.
But, the new house will be painted exactly as the old house now is. Same colors, same patterns. I love the colors.
BTW, I did that mural of the flowers free hand ALLL THE WAY around the kitchen. It really is like walking into a garden. I love it. But, the red flowers, the spirals of them, had me going crazy after the first 100 of them or so.
When we moved in, the red you see of my cupboard, that and all the cabinants were already painted that color. It was the only thing painted in the house.
I liked it, and had no desire to strip off the 20 or so layers of paint they put on it...soooo.
My man was getting ready to spend a week in Dallas. I told him I was keeping the red, then started adding the yellow and green. He was like 'Oh hell no!'.
He told me it looked like a Mexican nightmare. I promised him 'I swear it will be ok, just go to Dallas.'
He goes, but not before warning me EVERYTHING I painted could be painted back over and he better like it or it was being repainted when he got home.
A week later I was desperately trying to put the final touches on it before he came in.
He walks in, goes straight into the dinig room and just stands there, grinning. He looked at me and said 'Ok, you can keep it like this.' and walked out.
He knows I am an artist, yet he has so little faith!
It was hillarious. That look on his face when he saw the flowers. He FINNALY understood what I had been saying. It was priceless.
You're lucky Micheal was away for the week Christy. My mother had a saying - which didn't bother me when I was a kid - "Fools and children should never see things half done." I don't think she meant it in the literal sense since she was mother to 7 kids and we laughed a lot more than we cried. However, the idea is apt. Only the artist might see the outcome, but not always. It's all a matter of process and for someone who doesn't work that way, the process can be a bit scary.
It's so beutiful and the colors are perfect. The pinwheel flowers and shapes are just so...perfectly combined! And the colors flow so nicely.
It looks like a beautiful, welcoming place to call home. I am glad you showed us! (So very glad that you shared that with us.) It's so beautiful and it's nice to see where you blog from.
This is a wonderful thing that you've done... I only wish I could afford a place of my own, to decorate like this. (Ain't gonna happen anytime soon in overpriced Southern California.)
Thank you so much for sharing.
I have an idea - a lesbian nude frieze somewhere will do wonders! :)
I have nudes hanging around, male and female, but I am not quite sure if they are 'gay' or not.
I am so straight it is funny, but, I love my nudes.
My kids have learned to not be embarrassed by the human form, but I only allow for nudes as form.
I don't let my kids see anything meant to be sexually defining or explicit.
The body, anatomy, basic biology, studied form, that is all I care to teach them.
The sexual stuff they will figure out for themselves once their hormones settle down enough to let them think it through.
Did you know the sexual center of our brains are the last to 'mature', and it happens in our 26 to 27 th year?
Maybe when my kids are 30 I will find their opinion of sex interesting. Till then, they can study the nudes, just as long as they don't get freaky or I will take away the right to practice art from them.
It actually keeps them focused, they are quite the little art lovers.
10 comments:
Love the colour schemes, Christy. And I especially love the spring flowers friezes. Well done. It's a shame we didn't see the before, so that we can really appreciate the transformation of the house.
Trust me... I wish you could see the 'before' too.
We bought this house without ever seeing the inside. We bought for the lot basicly. But once inside, I knew it would be fine, but my man was like 'OMFG!'.
I would say the house had never been painted since the first time it was painted and the white walls were in terrible shape.
I told him 'After I paint it will look like a whole different house'. It really really does.
But, unfortunately this house will probably be torn down once it is paid off, and another one built the right way and custom to us will go up.
But, the new house will be painted exactly as the old house now is. Same colors, same patterns. I love the colors.
BTW, I did that mural of the flowers free hand ALLL THE WAY around the kitchen. It really is like walking into a garden. I love it. But, the red flowers, the spirals of them, had me going crazy after the first 100 of them or so.
When we moved in, the red you see of my cupboard, that and all the cabinants were already painted that color. It was the only thing painted in the house.
I liked it, and had no desire to strip off the 20 or so layers of paint they put on it...soooo.
My man was getting ready to spend a week in Dallas. I told him I was keeping the red, then started adding the yellow and green. He was like 'Oh hell no!'.
He told me it looked like a Mexican nightmare. I promised him 'I swear it will be ok, just go to Dallas.'
He goes, but not before warning me EVERYTHING I painted could be painted back over and he better like it or it was being repainted when he got home.
A week later I was desperately trying to put the final touches on it before he came in.
He walks in, goes straight into the dinig room and just stands there, grinning. He looked at me and said 'Ok, you can keep it like this.' and walked out.
He knows I am an artist, yet he has so little faith!
It was hillarious. That look on his face when he saw the flowers. He FINNALY understood what I had been saying. It was priceless.
You're lucky Micheal was away for the week Christy. My mother had a saying - which didn't bother me when I was a kid - "Fools and children should never see things half done." I don't think she meant it in the literal sense since she was mother to 7 kids and we laughed a lot more than we cried. However, the idea is apt. Only the artist might see the outcome, but not always. It's all a matter of process and for someone who doesn't work that way, the process can be a bit scary.
Wow! Christy! I'm completely speechless!
It's so beutiful and the colors are perfect. The pinwheel flowers and shapes are just so...perfectly combined! And the colors flow so nicely.
It looks like a beautiful, welcoming place to call home. I am glad you showed us! (So very glad that you shared that with us.) It's so beautiful and it's nice to see where you blog from.
Christy
This is a wonderful thing that you've done... I only wish I could afford a place of my own, to decorate like this. (Ain't gonna happen anytime soon in overpriced Southern California.)
Thank you so much for sharing.
I have an idea - a lesbian nude frieze somewhere will do wonders! :)
Thanks you guys.
Yall are welcome into my life anytime.
BTW, Rachel,
I have nudes hanging around, male and female, but I am not quite sure if they are 'gay' or not.
I am so straight it is funny, but, I love my nudes.
My kids have learned to not be embarrassed by the human form, but I only allow for nudes as form.
I don't let my kids see anything meant to be sexually defining or explicit.
The body, anatomy, basic biology, studied form, that is all I care to teach them.
The sexual stuff they will figure out for themselves once their hormones settle down enough to let them think it through.
Did you know the sexual center of our brains are the last to 'mature', and it happens in our 26 to 27 th year?
Maybe when my kids are 30 I will find their opinion of sex interesting. Till then, they can study the nudes, just as long as they don't get freaky or I will take away the right to practice art from them.
It actually keeps them focused, they are quite the little art lovers.
Man I love, Love, Love it Christy, You rock girlfriend
You got your Muchas up there I notice, they are not locked away. EXCELLENT.
Post a Comment