Friday, December 21, 2007

Publishing history - very short



Well, Christy - you wanted a picture of Is It True, Grandfather?  And here it is.

And here is my very first children's book - and most special one - which is about my youngest son and his imaginary friend, Daven.  Daven was a huge part of our lives after Trent's older brother started school - for two years.  We still talk of him with great affection.  I discovered that Trent used Daven to test the waters with me, without having to risk my love.  For example, one day he came running in - age 4 - and said, "Daven's out there and he's lighting matches."  I was horrified and said, "That's it.  No matter what you say, I need to meet this Daven character and he's getting a smack!"  Trent, didn't pause for thought, "No, I yelled at him and made him go home and I took the matches off him and here they are."  He put the matches on the bench and smiled to show me how he could be trusted to do the right thing.  Trent taught me a lot through Daven.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That is fantastic Woz! TY so much.

Very cool.

My kids LOVE your book. So do I.

S said...

Wow, Woz! That sounds like a wonderful story. My kid had an imaginary friend too. His name was "Bob", but Bob didn't provide half the excitement that yours did.

Perhaps it's a guy thing?

Some friends of ours once told me a question they ask all couples. The question is: "Have you ever exploded anything?"

The answer from the guys was "H*** Yes" and the women's answer was, "Uh..no. Do you think I'm stupid or something?"