Monday, December 1, 2008

Hong Kong teasers

I am taking too many photos, sightseeing too much, and blogging too much to do any meaningful posts on this blog just yet. Please wait until I return to Seoul, at which time I will dramatically slow down and cut out all my activities, except meditation, until I return to the US, therefore giving me lots more blogging time. I just can't stand sitting in a Seoul subway train and looking at the colonial government propaganda anymore - so I'll do as little of that as possible, and suspend most sightseeing while at it too. On the other hand, Hong Kong's subway kicks some behinds - it's the best I've ever used.

Just two photos as teasers for you. And you know what I post the most at this blog - and these are no exception. Photos were taken from the Monastery of Ten Thousand Buddhas (萬佛寺), which is located on the main train line linking Kowloon to Shenzhen, mainland China, but requires a lengthy stair climb.

Here are two statues, and yes, both are our beloved transgender matron saint, Kwan Yin. The right one is the fabled Eleven-Faced Kwan Yin, whose stone statues I had posted from Gyeongju the last time. The left one is a variety that I can't identify.

Note that both Kwan Yins have their breasts exposed. The left one exposes both, while the Eleven-Faced Kwan Yin exposes her left breast. The nipples are not portrayed, however. Also, the breasts are a bit smaller than one would expect, but perfectly reasonably sized for a transwoman; transwomen are told to expect bra sizes which are a cup smaller than those of their genetic female family members. More proof that Kwan Yin is transgender.

Christy - maybe you might get an idea for a portrait. You could do me dressed in something feminine, but with a boob hanging out. And as the boobs are reasonably sized, I won't mind you doing this portrait, even though I'd kill you if you did the flat-chested topless portrait. At least these statues are properly captioned as Kwan Yin, and not as Avalokitesvara, the male name. Oh, and unlike these statues, you are also welcome to draw the nipples in. :)

There are two courtyards at this monastery. And one of them, as seen above, is lined exclusively with Kwan Yin statues, as far as I can see. There are more Kwan Yins here than I can count - and this is priceless. I feel that this photo alone is worth all the money I spent on this Hong Kong trip - then some more.

Every Kwan Yin here is unique, though they all follow one of several major variations. Some of them are:
  • The Eleven-Faced Kwan Yin. Every one of them exposes her left boob.
  • Kwan Yin of the Southern Seas. She ensures safety for the sailors of South China Sea.
  • Kwan Yin of Abundant Fishing. Carrying a basket with fish inside, she is the matron saint for the commercial fishermen.
  • Kwan Yin of Fertility. She holds up a child, to connote that (1) she will help you conceive one, and that (2) she will protect your child once s/he is born. Predictably, this is one variety that always keeps her boobs covered.
In addition, there are tons of porcelain Kwan Yin statuettes at the base of the hill, at the trailhead to the monastery. Even more Kwan Yins at the other courtyard as well. I had even more Kwan Yin sightings elsewhere in Hong Kong today.

I don't think it's ever possible for me to get an overload of my transgender matron saint, but I think I got close today. You'll get a look at everything once I have time to actually blog here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://forallthemissing.ning.com/group/thedoes/forum/topics/do-all-of-these-guys-look


Do you these guys look alike to anyone but me?

Christy said...

They all have the same chin. Similar bottom lips and jaws.

The smaller two pics, their eyes are almost identical, the brows too.

Considering if the first is off some...It could be the same man, yes, through a number of years. Young to old.

The first one, the unsub from Alines case, I am as close as can be, but his brow could be off. I know I am close, but...

My clearest impression of him is in profile, but it was his blue eyes and blonde hair that got my attention. And his nose. A "roman nose."

Maybe a broken nose, but the bend of it seemed natural.

There were no true blonde people around me, his whiteness, paleness, fascinated me.

I am 100% sure he had either a broken or 'roman' nose.

The older two do not seem to have that bend, but you can't be sure unless you see the features in profile.

Interesting composites. But the best I can say is 'maybe'. I am sorry, I know that don't help.

If you find anymore that could be, link us up.

Look for the chin, the shape of the eyes and the brow, how the brow sits on the forehead, the shape of it.

Those don't change with age or weight.

I truly pray to God you find her.

Anonymous said...

thanks, I found the other two ( not the one you drew) on the Doenetwork. They are both Missing men.

Christy said...

BTW Ally..

So far... Hong Kong is BEAUTIFUL!Man!I wish I could run away with you so bad!

Agoraphobia sucks!

And I will consider the nipple idea. Nipples usually get my rapt attention. As a matter of a fact, speaking of man nipples, I was trying to wake my man up this morning and he would not wake up, as usual, so I started paying his nipples rapt attention.

Do you know he SMACKED ME right on the side of my head, covered his boobs like a woman and rolled away like I had molested him.

He HIT ME! On MY HEAD! What an ass!

That is ok though, I am already plotting my revenge.

I discovered the other night, totally by accident, that I can karate chop him in the face when he is asleep, and it will NOT wake him up.

Seriously! And it WAS an accident, I swear.

He can sleep through getting karate chopped in the face, but not nipple arousal. I have discovered his weakness!

Now, instead if waking him up like 14 freaking times every day, I can just molest him. That'll wake him up.

Christy said...

Well, I would definately say the unsub, also known as 'Younger' is definately 'missing' himself.

Atleast he is 'missing' as far as I am concerned. I would really like to be clued in to his current location even if he did not realize he was 'missing'.

And yes, I am still 100% sure it is 'Younger'. If he is still out there, he can still be found.

Douglas has all we need, locked away in his memory.

Anonymous said...

FYI,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3545913/Risque-Old-Master-consigned-to-attic-sells-for-2.8-million.html

Rachel said...

Christy

Glad to hear about your man and his nipples! Keep it up please! :)

I think my computer may be virus-infected or something. Many websites, including Blogger and my email servers, are extremely slow. Everything used to be fine in Hong Kong, and before I went to Hong Kong.

If it's the work of the supporters of South Korea's Republican colonial government, I will make them pay the price.

Formerly Ally McLesbian