Thursday, November 13, 2008

What I will be doing this weekend...


Remember the pic I posted of Cedrics' pitbull puppy?

His name was Chopper and he died yesterday.

No one knew he had Parvo when he was here last weekend.





And now my beautiful little Tom-Tom is fighting for his life too. The last 24 hours have been really bad. He is under treatment but the odds are against him. If we can keep him alive for the next 3 days his odds will increase to 50/50, but I am not sure he will make it 3 days.


Sam has also been fully exposed, and he is not old enough to have developed immunity. He can not be quarantined, it is too late for that.
If you believe in such things, please say a prayer for Tom Tom. He is a good beautiful boy, and watching him die so horribly is breaking my damn heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...Christy, my heart and prayers are with you and your 'babies'! I know exactly how you're feeling. So I will hope for them to recover!

Sorry to Cedrick's puppy.

Sparrow

Rachel said...

Christy

It's not a good thing when a young puppy dies. I've been through so many dying pets that I've lost count.

Sending you all the best wishes. I hope my Happy Buddha will get to you in time!

Ally McRepuke

Wendy said...

Christy, I'm so sorry. I do hope that Tom Tom keeps with it for the next three days. Our pets are our family and it is heartbreaking when they die.

We've been getting to know Sam here on your blog. An expert appreciator in the art of life and relaxation.

And Cedric's puppy, too! At the beginning of an illness it's very hard to spot in people and with animals it's even harder.

Every move, every lick, will bring you all comfort. Thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Waiting for word on TomTom.

s