Monday, January 14, 2008

Star Portraits - Meera Syal


                                                                                                                                

I've just watched a rerun of Star Portraits with Rolf Harris made by the BBC.  This sitting does not show the huge variations that some do.  All are different and the subject never chooses my favourite.  So many portraits, so many styles we've had here on Christy's art blog.  Here are 3 more.  Begun over a 5 hour sitting and completed at the artists' home studio over the following 2 weeks.  The subject has to choose 1 portrait to own.  British artists are top left Maggie Milne (pastel), top right Kim Beer, John Raynes.  

3 comments:

Christy said...

To me the third one is the one I would pick.

Very cool Woz. It is neat to see the different styles and compare them on a single subject.

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a website where you can see a whole lot of others. Three different artists each time. But I couldn't work out how to put the link there. And I liked the small one best. Maybe that's because I liked that artist best and wanted her's to be chosen. The pastel was chosen because Meera saw something in that that she'd never seen in herself before. The last one she loved too because she said it was *fun* and vibrant. She loved them all.

Christy said...

You can just copy paste the link in here.

I want to see that, I bet it is very cool.