An amazing political story has cropped up and encompassed this work. Check it out...http://harpers.org/archive/2008/01/hbc-90002237
All Else Passes. Only Art Endures
An amazing political story has cropped up and encompassed this work. Check it out...
5 comments:
They mentioned this on NPR's Wait, Wait - Don't Tell Me yesterday.
So fitting. He got it wrong. He made up some religious reason. And he actually admires a thief.
Or maybe he knew all along, and twisted the story for his own purposes.
Either way - it fits the mold precisely.
Putz.
I think he knew the real meaning.
It is different when the work is so well documented, and if he 'admired' it that much, he probably knew more about it then it just so happen to show up in his office one day.
Escaping a lynch mob. That figures.
I almost wrote about it for the DCP. But then I got lost in the smorgasboard of possible blog pieces--and instead did what eveyone does when faced with information overload.
I did nothing.
(I almost wrote about Luckery or the super delegates or this painting.)
Qucksand=stagnation, I guess!
Also, Christy or Carol, if you want to write about it so that I can post it in the open thread then let me know and post an email to me, please.
I'm sorry. But I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days so haven't been posting much.
So let me know please. I know there are lots of things we could discuss with regards to this painting. And it would be interesting to see if one of you would take the same tact that I would have had I actually followed through with my own idea.
How odd that we all recently came across this story, each on our own.
Sparrow, what is already written about it would make a great threadheader. That link up explains it very nicely.
Post a Comment