Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Carols' Picasso

I have to say Carol, your choices sent me in a loop, for sure.

Me and this little birdie we both know, were getting frustrated trying to figure out how to put it all together. Dark and light sage green, browns, reds, oranges, musical... and abstract. It is like a bad riddle.

So I was sitting there one night trying to figure out how on earth I had gotten myself into this, and I thought to myself, 'I would sure love to hand her a Picasso.'

And then I thought, 'Wow.. what an interesting and great idea.' And the little birdie approved and off I flew.

And, after I conquered the heavens I returned, with a custom colored Picasso, just for you.



This is from a Picasso, named Woman with a Chelo. But, unlike the original, I used your colors to customize it to you. There are slight differences in the overall lines between mine and the original, but not many. The name of this one is 'Tribute to Picasso'.

Anyways, I really hope you like it. It was a very complicated piece to do, but it was a great way to get my kids focused on abstracts.

As usual, the pic does not do the actual canvas any justice, because it is absolutely beautiful to the naked eye. Just holding it in my hands is a thrill. He was a great artist.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Sparrow,

If you ever get that other thing put tgether I still want to see it.

The musical note thing has been on my mind. I would like to see what you did with it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy--just got home. Wednesday is the long day at work.

She came out awesome!

I hope Carol likes her.

Anyways, regarding the other thing--I am discovering that I can't do it until I get better at photoshop.

Christy said...

I just went and got her and put her here beside my chair.

I can not even begin to describe how inadequate that photo is, but it was the best I could get.

I can't stop looking at her. I have no idea why I was so full of dread, because this is seriously one of the most beautiful canvases I have ever held.

Of mine or anyone elses.

Veritas said...

Christy this is terrific!

I assume you know Picasso's early work...he created these exquisite copies of the grand masters and was told he was making "great art" but he wasn't satisfied...then eventually was brave enough to break out on his own.

Carol said...

CHRISTY!

I LOVE IT!!!!!

She is SO beautiful. You have outdone yourself, darling!!!!

Check your email a little later.

Kangaroo Brisbane Australia said...

WOW, as s said awesome.

Kangaroo Brisbane Australia said...

WOW, as s said awesome.

Christy said...

I am glad you like it.

I have to say, this painting is going to stay on my mind for a very long time.

She will be on her way asap.