My hard drive completely crashed, so all my recent projects, research and writing are gone. My man is going to try to recover some of my data, but it may not be possible.
On the other hand, I have a new comp. And it is so fast I not only can watch videos again, I can watch two of them while downloading music and cruising the net at the same time.
I will be here somewhere, but I have to try to retrieve some info, then I will be back to painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Christy for letting us know. Now of course, I"m ready to cry. My computer simply sucks. So now I'm jealous you have a new one.
I hope you recover some of your stuff.
I know how much it feels to hope you can retrieve stuff on your harddrive. A similar thing happened with nolie. She had cd-roms of music she composed that got stolen when she was moving from one dorm to another (a few years ago.) She tried to retrieve the programs from her harddrive but they may be gone (broken) (unretrievable) as well.
We won't know until she can get the harddrive to her dad for him to work with.
But she's pretty upset that her scores are possibly gone forwever!
(And so much for trying to back up items.)
When he told me it crashed I was just sick. And the more I thought about it, the sicker I got.
My problem with backing up things is I add so much new everyday I would have to back it up everyday to save everything.
I do have my writings backed up (sorta) but all my images are gone, even my family pics.
BTW Sparrow, this comp kicks ass and if you want my man can tell you how to order it. It cost less than $200 but it has to be completely assembled. (Lucky for me my man also doubles as a computer monkey)
I am not kidding, this comp is so fast it blows my mind. After that shitty comp for so long, getting a web page instantly is like magic!
Post a Comment