Saturday, October 18, 2008

Statues For Ally



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG--That picture is definitely created by some jerky guy. Like a woman would have much fun in that position.

Sure, the movement of the pose is delicate and the body shape is beautiful.

But if that's a guy fantasy, then you can tell he doesn't care about the other person's experience.

s

Rachel said...

Christy

The second photo is definitely NOT for me. The presence of the guy is a total turn-off.

It does look like the second photo is from South Korea, based on the sign next to the sculpture. But it's certainly in some gallery I've yet to visit.

Formerly Ally McLesbian

Rachel said...

Christy

Any idea where these statues are located? If they're near enough, I might pay them a visit; after all, it still looks like I am not returning to the US anytime soon.

Which is a shame, really, because the W puppet government here in South Korea, and its McCarthyist politics and neoliberal economics, are really getting to me. International economic observers agree: they all predict South Korea will be the first Asian victim of the current global economic crisis.

Formerly Ally McLesbian

Christy said...

Jejusi...?

No idea but I can help you find out

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/46936/dscn7320adj95_s_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/South_Korea/South/Jejudo/Jejusi/&h=150&w=106&sz=6&hl=en&start=2&um=1&usg=__zI86UAzlM-_yZXumviMX6KDndeg=&tbnid=-CGPUOLM845nMM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=68&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstatue%2Bsexy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff

Christy said...

That is too bad Ally, but when obama wins, things will be different.

Christy said...

Sparrow,

You are very right, and until I read your response I realized i was looking at them from a purely technical pov.

The beauty of them are undeniable. But you are right, emotional, intellectually, they are kinda offputting.

Christy said...

I don't know though Sparrow.

I have had lots of fun in both those positions.

Kinda Sorta. Close enough.

Rachel said...

Christy

Thanks!

Jeju is as far as I can get from Seoul, without leaving South Korea. It's an island, so cars, trains, and buses are out of the question; I'll have to fly.

I'll probably get there next time, since it's better to pre-arrange everything in the US and save money. And that's assuming there will be a next time, which is iffy if the fascists here in the South (or the Commies in the North) keep up their crap. Either the fascists implode the economy, or the Commies start marching in.

I am starting to think the two Koreas need an Obama victory even more than America does.

Formerly Ally McLesbian

Rachel said...

Christy

Also about Jeju: it's a remote island, so its culture is different from the rest of Korea.

First, its dialect is absolutely out of this world. Few Korean mainlanders can understand the dialect. The dialect is also much more egalitarian than mainstream Korean, which has lots of honorifics and such to reflect the Confucian caste system.

Second, Jeju's subtropical climate means that its people traditionally lived naked from the waist down. Which is why you don't see people wearing traditional clothes there.

Third, because of Jeju's more practical/egalitarian culture, it revolted when a reactionary Korean-American became South Korea's first President. The Marines were sent there to massacre thousands of islanders. For decades, it was called a Communist uprising, and the newly revised right-wing textbooks will once again say so. The Marine still consider that mission their first, proud step in defending the integrity and the democracy of South Korea.

Formerly Ally McLesbian

Christy said...

Actually, strangely, sounds just like a place you might find a good time.

Naked from the waist down.

Hmmmmm. I have to admit that is kinda freaky.

Rachel said...

Christy

Jeju Island has historically been known for its female divers, though they are a dying species now.

And to think about it, I love the idea of swimming underwater, half-nekkid.

Modern-day divers use wetsuits though. And if traditional outfits are absolutely necessary, say for a traditional dance, the performers will wear tights or something similar for modesty.

Right now, it's 3AM and I'm too seething mad to sleep. Some bastard over at Samsung wishes for a long, prosperous Kim Jong-il reign, because when he dies, the resulting power struggle could cause a war. Total baloney. Kim must die ASAP so that the personality cult will stop once and for all, and that North Koreans will wake up and demand change. I'm immediately throwing away my last Samsung product, a broken 20" TV, when I get back to the US.

Formerly Ally McLesbian

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I meant by the fact that the sculpture is clearly the guy standing and the girl standing on one arm while the other arm delicately is suppose to be stroking herself--expressing her own passion. (While he's still standing and just holding her in position to receive him.) It's not realistic and is just indicative of using that woman/position as a sex object.

Ok. So for me the puritan, talking about this is hard. Clearly, if it was suppose to be reclining and not standing, it may have been a different story. But the guy's feet are flat, and the girl's hand is bent (indicating that she too is performing tremendous gymnastics on a one armed hand stand...)

The sculpture could have laid it sideways so it looked equally as beautiful instead of just ...I don't know...guy-centric.

s