Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Breakthrough

Hello everyone!

I stole a picture taken by John Aravosis of Americablog.com. I was just going to study it, but as a photo, it is as close to perfect as it gets.

I fell in love with it. The girl is sitting in the shadows of the Louvre in Paris.


And then I decided to experiment with it (with his permission). It has everything I was trying to do in it. Linear perspective, graphic perspective, man made lines, natural lines, and full tonal range on a three color palette.

And this is what happened. (click to enlarge)



I can not only wrap light around man made lines, but I can do it on flesh too!

There were many details of the original photo that I could not be sure of the definition of, so to keep from throwing myself off very badly, I simply deleted them and focused on high contrast.

I can't believe it worked!

Maybe I don't suck after all!

HAHA!

PS and BTW... Any dotting you see in the black is not actually there. Photographing black is difficult and this digital cam picks up every fleck of dust.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy this is quite good actually. Keep up the good work! Mom

S said...

Christy--You did a great job. That picture has lots of facets you could work on independently of the other for practice. (Should I screen shot it for you and describe what I see? I have to admit it that I didn't see it until I concentrated.)

Christy said...

Thank you Mother. I am glad you like it. Good to see you here too.

I love you mommy!

And..Thank you S, and yes, I think I know what you are talking about seeing. I've been staring through that pic for days.

If you can break it down for me, I do believe I will attempt her again someday.

Christy said...

Sorry it took so long to respond, had to nap.

BTW Mom, we took Sam back to the vet. It isn't his shoulder, it is still the same problem. He will stop hurting when he stops growing.

They put him on narcotics though. He is still limping real bad but he is atleast up and wagging his tail again.

I swear that is the sweetest dog that ever lived.

Rachel said...

Lovely work, Christy! Keep up the good work.

Ally McRepuke

Wendy said...

oh yes. I like that Christy. Well done!

Wendy said...

Hi Christy's mom - good to see you here.

Christy said...

Thanks! This one had me nervous!

She is very different than my other works. I can't figure out if this means I am in a new phase or that I am now fully trained, or both. But I have a strange sense of confidence I have never had before.

I am sorry I am rude, my mothers name is Katherine. Kathy for short.