
Hand made Collograph: The image is created from a variety of textured materials glued to a timber or metal plate. The materials used to form the image can be anything from watercolour papers, tissue paper, or wax paper, right through to soft wire, string, tin foil, sand paper, or even bottle caps. Ink is then applied to the deeper surfaces (intaglio), the top surfaces (relief print), or a combination of both.
5 comments:
I don't know why, but I have always found it so strange how people get these ideas to start gluing things together.
It has to be a study of texture, because otherwise it does not make sense.
When I see a coke bottle top lying on the ground, I throw it away, it never occurs to me that it could be art.
But, I guess that is why I love art, because with talented hands anything can become art.
It is a very interesting piece.
Yes, it is. I was never all that fussed by the layering of "stuff" until Jeannie Baker's children's book Where The Forest Meets the Sea was published and I saw an exhibition of her *illustrations* at the State Gallery of Victoria. The book is incredible, and her "illustrations" leave me stunned. It is art you not only can touch but smell, hear, see and taste. Her work is more than 3 dimensional.
For Jeannie's site:
http://www.jeanniebaker.com/picture_books_index.htm
By the way, from the Inun thread...
Christy has left a new comment on your post "Inun":
Good luck looking it up, it took me forever to understand what 'Inun' means. And I only have a very rudimentary grasp of it, of the story itself.
Inun is a concept of the time before recorded time for the Egyptians. Kinda a pre-Cambrian type of concept. A time so vast it can not be measured.
Apparently what this painting depicts is the birth of man, being ferried into the world by a god, and therefore bringing an end to unrecorded time.
That is my understanding of it.
BTW, I will notice you no matter what thread you post on, all the comments go directly to my email, so even if I don't see them here, I'll see them there!
The scarab is a royal symbol, so the family on the boat are most likely depictions of royalty.
Who else would a god bother to ferry into the world?
HAHA!
This is really cool. Thanks for showing it, woz.
So...on a personal note...I now have two weeks off--or at least off with planning time for September.
I intend to rest and try to get my bearings straight again and try to chill out from the nasty people I had to deal with this term.
Two weeks! Whatever will you do with yourself??!!
HAHA!
Anything that feels good eh? You deserve it, those people had you all stressed out.
Post a Comment