I saw the most amazing documentary today, called 'A Model For Matisse'.
He was an extraordinary person, and his story is really such a jewl.
He was 'in love' with a nun. But it was not the sexual type of intimacy they shared, it was a meeting of minds, a love between two artists and it really did touch my heart.
Picassos work is purely intellectual, no room for emotionalism. Matisse though, was a purely emotional painter, and now that I know this, his works look completely different to me.
They are delightful!
His use of color and lines is so outside my taste and style, but there is such a simplicity to it that it can only be done with much deliberation.
He was a wonderful artist. And I am so glad I watched that documentary. His works are really a joy.
1 comment:
I saw the most amazing documentary today, called 'A Model For Matisse'.
He was an extraordinary person, and his story is really such a jewl.
He was 'in love' with a nun. But it was not the sexual type of intimacy they shared, it was a meeting of minds, a love between two artists and it really did touch my heart.
Picassos work is purely intellectual, no room for emotionalism. Matisse though, was a purely emotional painter, and now that I know this, his works look completely different to me.
They are delightful!
His use of color and lines is so outside my taste and style, but there is such a simplicity to it that it can only be done with much deliberation.
He was a wonderful artist. And I am so glad I watched that documentary. His works are really a joy.
Post a Comment