Hey Christy,
As I kept blogging, a wild idea went through my head.
I wanna commission you for some Buddhist art. Specifically, two renditions of Kwan Yin.
The first rendition will have Kwan Yin dressed in a pink pleated miniskirt, with matching pink suit jacket. She could even be marching with a CODEPINK delegation! (Hey, if the neocons can say Jesus was a Republican, we can definitely claim Kwan Yin for the peace movement!) The second rendition will have Her dressed in a tunic sweater (color of your choice), along with black leggings and boots.
In both cases, Kwan Yin will be wearing a double-female-symbol necklace.
As for her face, you can use a hybrid of faces from historical Kwan Yin statues (which I shared here before) with my face. :) Yes, I am trying to turn myself into Kwan Yin - hahaha! (The outfits described above are indeed my trademark outfits, btw.) But seriously though, capturing Kwan Yin's energy and integrating her grace into my everyday life - to hear the cries of people and do something about them - are the reasons why I am going on my retreat.
I won't be able to take delivery of your artwork after you finish, but I will give you a fair compensation.
Thanks in advance!
Ally McRepuke
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! That's a challenge and another!
HAHAHA!
Ummm, yes, I think I can do that.
Right now I am on a stained glass thing, and it is not going well. The glass paints are very strange.
But once I finish that up I can try some sketches and see what I get.
Thanks Christy! I'll look forward to what you can come up with.
On #2 - the tunic sweater can be either a cowlneck or a cardigan. But do keep the leggings and boots please - as sort of a tribute to another lesbian, Lindsay Lohan.
Formerly Ally McLesbian
Post a Comment