That oil painting was done by my uncle many years ago. I don't have a date on it because either the matting blocks his signature or the backing blocks it. At any rate, I grew up with it in our house, so there's both good memories and bad memories attached to it. Nowadays, I try to just remember the good.
My uncle was an amazing artist even though he was completely color blind. He ended up making his career as an advertising artist. I can only imagine what he would do with art and computer technology now!
I'm not really sure who else has any of my uncle's art work. I know my sister has a beautiful painting he did of her when she was two or three. (She looked like such a cherub!) And I have this painting--somehow. I'm not really sure how I came to have it. I'm just glad I do have it!
For years, I let it stay in my daughter's room because she adored dance and ballet so much.
For now, it's here and I peek at it all the time. My uncle passed away almost ten years ago and then less than a year later my dad passed away. So you can see how these pieces of art mean so much even after your gone.
If you're not an artist though...have no fear. What endures equally as long are your words and actions.
4 comments:
Just an FYI...the wood you see behind the second painting is the banister from my loft area. That's where my computer/office is.
So you can see, I sit up in my well-sunlit nest and can blog.
@@ :-)
That is BEAUTIFUL! Wow.
Great piece, but even better for the family story behind it. What a treasure!
She is wonderful!
She looks like Debbie Reynolds in her Singing in the Rain time frame.
Amazing s - my goodness everyone who contributes to this blog has such amazing genetic influence on their own artistic tendencies. I must go on a hunt down the limbs of my long tree and see if I can find anything to share.
And now I visualise you there s. With your little dog. In the peace. In the warm. In the light.
Post a Comment