My brother has a black lab. Be warned...they are GREATERS! That means it's VERY IMPORTANT that you train them from day one.
You must train them to calmly greet people--no jumping up.
So don't teach them how to go on their hind legs and jump.
Talk to them quietly so that they'll respond to quiet direction and not shouts.
You have to train them on a leash as soon as possible, because they get big so fast you have to be able to control them.
They make awesome pets when they've been trained; however, most people don't understand that labs, goldens, and others are greeters, slightly hyper until they age, and you will find those types of breeds at the Humane Society most often.
So please train your puppy, ok? Don't train any bad habits that may look cute on a tiny puppy but aren't so sweet when it's from a 60 pound dog.
My brother has a black lab. Hyper as anything, but it listens!
Also-becareful of their legs. They are prone to hip displacement.
We already have a black lab, that is why we got another one, for him, basically.
Sam was getting deeply depressed, he was constantly bored. But I do believe those days are gone, He is just crazy excited about the new puppy!
Besides, any animal in my house will be trained before they leave infancy. I insist. My man is the alpha male, I am the alpha female and everyone in my pack knows their place. I insist.
Sam has been well trained not to jump but he did chew on every freaking shoe in the house. I bought chew toy after chew toy and finally just took to beating his ass. It worked too.
This new puppy will have a chew problem too I am sure, good thing I believe in cheap shoes.
Sam is already growing too fast and his bones are hurting in his front legs, but doggy asprin seems to help. The vet said he will stop hurting when he stops growing. Maybe 6 more months.
I love labs. There simply is not a better dog. I would put a lab against any dog in any catagory any time. Safe bet.
4 comments:
Sam is IN LOVE!
He slobbered all over him.
Awwww pretty dog!
My brother has a black lab. Be warned...they are GREATERS! That means it's VERY IMPORTANT that you train them from day one.
You must train them to calmly greet people--no jumping up.
So don't teach them how to go on their hind legs and jump.
Talk to them quietly so that they'll respond to quiet direction and not shouts.
You have to train them on a leash as soon as possible, because they get big so fast you have to be able to control them.
They make awesome pets when they've been trained; however, most people don't understand that labs, goldens, and others are greeters, slightly hyper until they age, and you will find those types of breeds at the Humane Society most often.
So please train your puppy, ok? Don't train any bad habits that may look cute on a tiny puppy but aren't so sweet when it's from a 60 pound dog.
My brother has a black lab. Hyper as anything, but it listens!
Also-becareful of their legs. They are prone to hip displacement.
No worries darlin!
We already have a black lab, that is why we got another one, for him, basically.
Sam was getting deeply depressed, he was constantly bored. But I do believe those days are gone, He is just crazy excited about the new puppy!
Besides, any animal in my house will be trained before they leave infancy. I insist. My man is the alpha male, I am the alpha female and everyone in my pack knows their place. I insist.
Sam has been well trained not to jump but he did chew on every freaking shoe in the house. I bought chew toy after chew toy and finally just took to beating his ass. It worked too.
This new puppy will have a chew problem too I am sure, good thing I believe in cheap shoes.
Sam is already growing too fast and his bones are hurting in his front legs, but doggy asprin seems to help. The vet said he will stop hurting when he stops growing. Maybe 6 more months.
I love labs. There simply is not a better dog. I would put a lab against any dog in any catagory any time. Safe bet.
I don't know what happened last night while I was sleeping, but Tom-Tom seems to have gotten over his trauma rather quickly.
As soon as I woke up he bounded up to me and started chewing my pant leg.
Watching Sam fall in love with him is SOOO CUTE! He loves his new baby.
They look like Spic and Span. Pete and Repeat.
I am going to have to by different color collars just so I can tell them apart.
Post a Comment