Sunday, August 31, 2008

Don Quixote & Asian Cat



This is a picture of my husband's prized Don Quixote by Lladro. We saved up for almost twenty years to get this for him. And actually, I came near buying it a number of times but taxes or some other car emergency always got in the way.

Then one day, I was checking out ebay, just for kicks, and saw this Lladro still posted at under 300 dollars (starting bid) and it was ending later that night. I knew that I would never be able to bid on it myself (I find it difficult to purchase anything above fifty bucks!), so I sent the link to my hubby to deal with.

Yes, you can see he dealt with it just fine. ;-)

Anyways, so Don Quixote sits proudly in our living room reading his book under a sunbeam. And right next to him sharing the sunbeam is the antique Asian cat my daughter nolie got for her sister bebe. I like the kitty too though. So she may not get it back. ;-)

Actually...I'm quite pleased with the artistic photo. Hope you like it too.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I like your photo too. The light hitting him, he looks very chilled out.

That is a very neat statue. It is very serene.

Wendy said...

"chilled out" is good. s - amazing works to have around you and they must have such stories involved with them regarding previous owners and such.