Monday, August 11, 2008

For Sale: A Prize Possession

I finished her. And yes, you read that right, she is for sale.



Nefertiti #2. She is the work of a lifetime. The first $200 takes her.

As you probably know if you've been here, she is a breakthrough canvas and on a technical level I have never painted better. I had hoped to keep her, but life sucks that way.

She is done in acrylics and is on a 16 by 20 inch canvasboard. She is coated with a high gloss sealer and sparkles like a jewel even without being under glass. The gold is metallic and is also in her eyes, so if you view her from the right or left, those eyes just SHINE! It is very freaking cool!

I fully admit some of the details are shaky, but I can not control the shakes right now and I don't dare touch her again or I run the risk of screwing it up more than it helps. I think it is chemical so I am not sure how long it will be before I can produce another acceptable canvas.

And no, I have not gone crazy to give up a Nefertiti, especially THIS Nefertiti. Everyone knows I am obsessed. But I have to return to the doctor tommorrow. It has become quite obvious the staph infection I am dealing with is highly resistant to antibiotics. The steriods knocked it on its' ass for a little while, but,... I am anticipating a very large pharmacy bill.

I was hoping it would be a short thing, but it looks like I have a fight on my hands.

I do not have health insurance, and I love my man very much. But he already supports my art and all my other bad habits, and our children and our dogs and our cats and... The doctor I am seeing is actually affordable, I am blessed for that. But as I said the pharmacy bills are going to hurt. I can not let him bankrupt our family because drug companies are GREEDY BASTARDS. He pretends it will be ok but I know when he is lying.

So.. I am hoping Nefertiti can help.

If you want her please email me at simpson1962@bellsouth.net

At this point, most of you are familiar with my other works, if you want any of the ones I was photographed with in the post below titled 'My Personal Stash' I am willing to sell all of them except the two small landscapes. We will just call it a one time firesale.

Let me know and I will ship them ASAP.

I will also be taking commissions, but again, the shakes may dictate how long it actually takes to complete a requested work.

12 comments:

S said...

Hey Christy,

A couple of things...

Sorry to hear about the dog and the staph re-infection. But the good news is it was caught earlier this time.

So...do you have a Costco by you where you could buy your meds? If so, I highly recommend using them. As a last resort, you could go to Sam's Club or Walmart. Both are discounted but Costco at least provides insurance for their employees. (Support Blue businesses!)

I highly recommend using those alternatives. It's what I have to do too.


Just curious...what pharmacy do you use? Are they one of them that ups the cost of meds by 300%?

The other thing...Can you email me your address again?

I can't afford to buy your "Prize Possession" but I can afford to help in some way--whether it's buying another picture or just helping out.

So send me your address while I figure out what I can do.

PS. Is it any of those pictures except the landscapes and your hubby and kids for sale? Or is it from the list at your link to your "Art Gallery" blog?

Thanks.

S

S said...

PS Christy--where do I find frames that will fit these pictures?

Carol said...

Christy - glad the mystery is solved, but sorry you are having to continue to fight this infection!

I'd like to contribute a little bit as well, but like s, can't swing the masterpiece right now.

Let us know where to send what we can.

Christy said...

Oh, that is a bunch of good questions.

I will email you my addy, but please do not send me money unless you really do want a painting. And can afford one.

So far I have everything I need, and now that I know the source, I literally do feel 100% better than I did this morning.

I need money darlin, but not bad enough to expect it for free. I love you, and you already saved my life.

I will paint anything you want, for free. Even a Nefertiti. I can never repay YOU for what you have already done for me.

Say it and it is yours.

I could have kissed that vet right there and then when he explained it to me. When he said, "Did you have an open wound at the time?" it hit me like a ton of bricks!

I knew all along that was the ONE THING I did different. I still may kiss that vet!

I use Rite Aid, but they make me... nervous. I try to avoid WalMart until I just have too. There is a new pharmacy in town though, I think i will try..CVS?

Ok my hubby and my kids are not for sale either, I forgot I added them.

But any image on my gallery site, I can paint it again, so if you see anything you just have to have let me know and I will do it again.

As for the frames, most of my works I painted with the intention it could stand alone, even without the frame. Like a poster it can be attatched using like that sticky gell ir invisible tacking. I feel art should be...touchable.

But, frames of that size you can usually find at any good department store. Or if you have to go bigger you could always use a standard mat to frame it into a larger frame.

I am sorry I can not frame them. I really did try many experiments last year and early this year with framing, but they all ended in disaster. I still have the wood, just not the skills to make it right.

I discovered framing is an art unto itself, one I will need more time and more equipment to master.

The big canvases behind me in that pic are stretched canvas, also the Greek Goddess, so they can be hung on the wall just as they are.

Christy said...

Thank you so much Carol, but like I said to S, please only what you can afford, and yes for a painting.

Ok, tell you what,

Any of my standard canvasesboard canvases, except the Nefertiti...And the nude male study, he is a gift to someone special...shhh

Any of those, lets say $50...? I would take less but that includes shipping. $50 flat, I will pay to ship it.

And if someone wants one already taken or from my gallery site, I can do another copy, also for $50.

There will be a wait on those, i'll need time to do them.

The Greek Goddess I have to include the cost of the canvas, which was quite expensive for me, but it is a very high quality framing under the canvas. So $75 for her.

The two large, again cost of the canvas and shipping...so...$150?

That Egyptian one, took me 150 hours to paint. Very rigid form of art! Petra, probably just over 100 hours.

I can do copies of the landscapes, but the two you see are my very first painting ...ever. And my mans birthday present. So I can not sell them.

Christy said...

Or, you can commission me to do anything you do not see, or I can work from your photos. The better quality the photo, the better quality the sketch and painting.

I can compose original works in any style, form, color, and most subjects.

Also on standard 16 by 20 inch canvasboards, $50.

There are only 3 things I will not try to paint.

Ducks. Cows, and a Peita.

Christy said...

I can not take money from the Sparrow that God Himself sent to save my life.

I can't go to God and tell him I did that.

I love you, but I won't take your money.

Everyone elses money I can earn, but you, I just can not do it.

S said...

Christy,

Is this you? (Christina)?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_nh_u4eKaU1k/R_VS3CR4tMI/AAAAAAAAAkY/Z822G_f_pVU/s1600-h/christina.JPG

I can't think of any musicians or stars with that name so I wondered.

S

S said...

Christy,

Go to Costco or if you have to Sam's Club. Seriously, CVS, Rightaid, Walgreens...they all up their prices by over 300%!

Even if you or someone has to take a day-trip to a costco, it's worth it just to avoid the huge markup.

Make it a mini-vacation...

Christy said...

No not me, that is my friend Christina.

It was a gift to her first baby, a little girl.

It was so sweet when she saw it.

I love Christina but she is notorious for her scowls. She was one hell of a tiny firecracker, but motherhood just totally cured her of all of it.

When she saw it, she just burst into tears, and I was like OMG! A whole new Christina was born with that baby! A sentimental one. She laid the baby on it and cried.

It really was a great moment, I was so glad she liked it!

She is a very pretty girl, worthy of the paint for sure.

Christy said...

There is actually a funny story about that canvas. I was having a serious problem with her mouth.

You just have to know Christina.

That mouth was driving me crazy.

After hours of focus completely mutilating it, my man walks in and kisses me hello, steps back and says, 'Her mouth is still wrong.'

I was growling,'I know!'. At this point I am just totally upset over it myself. I am just staring deep into it, mad at myself.

He says, 'It's Christina ok? It is not Christina without the bitchy smirk.'

I was not even offended, because it was SOOO TRUE! And I SAW it.

I picked up my paintbrush, made two strokes, and there it was. A bitchy smirk.

He nods and says, 'Thats Christinas' mouth.' And walks out of the room! It was so funny! I even told her he said it.

She threw a half empty bottle of Sprite at him.

Christy said...

BTW, thank you for that about Costco.

Yeah, i knew Rite Aid was probably scamming me, but where I am choices are limited. No Sams club no Costo either.

But I have to go into Shreveport anyways tommorrow for the doc so I will find a Costco.

300% mark up! Those greedy bastards are killing people, and they don't even care.