But she does like to watch me work.
So, imagine the surprise of everyone in the room, when we look down and find her with a book on Mexican Folk art, and without any direction or warning, did this.... freehand.
There are barely any hesitation lines AT ALL. I only helped her correct one line on a nose. That is it.
It can not be an accident, she did it twice back to back. In two hours.
I was like 'WTF!', I'm still thinking real hard on it. In short, I am trippin.
Those are really great sketches.
5 comments:
The closer I look at them, the better I think they are.
Just...freaking WOW!
Wow is right, Christy!
I think the natural talent must run in the family :0)
Oh my ..... !! That is absolutely astounding! Imagine if she'd been holding pencils all her life till now. That is real genius I think. Not obsessed by drawing, not driven to doing it, just enjoying the drawing, and out it comes.
Christy at least you know how to nurture that gift in Brittany. Truly astonishing!
Freaking wow. I just can not stop saying wow when I look at them.
We are in the process of putting the woman on canvas. I can't not teach this girl portraiture. She watched for a long time, but this just came out of literally nowhere.
Her first canvas ever and she is going to get a masterpiece right off the bat.
The steadyness of her hand just blows my mind!
I really do try to nuture it in them.
That is why I am so eager to work with them, because I never had anybody to instruct me or even just show an interest in my study. I did it the hard way, but I can teach them so much that took me so long to learn, and with proper instruction they can go much further much faster than I ever did.
I spent so long planning a development of their talents, I never considered what to do if one of them popped as a prodigy.
In the back of my mind I had hoped maybe Kaylee or Ana, my daughters, might be 'prodigy' material.They are both young but they both are already very good at composing and executing the compositions with a very steady hand.
But of allll of them, the last one I ever suspected to do this was Brittany. We all really had just kinda given up on her.
It took a long time last night before anyone even realized what she was doing.
We started talking this morning about putting it on canvas and she said she had a problem thinking of color placement, so I told her to come see and we looked up Diago Rivera. Her flowers reminded me of him.
But I realized as I looked at his work, Brittany is actually already MORE advanced in human form than his early works.
At this point, all I can do is make her an apprentice as well. She accepted the challenge.
Christian and Cedric will most likely be strong graphic artists, but Brittany will be trained for portraiture first thing.
As soon as we get this canvas done I will get pics asap. I am so excited for her!
Post a Comment