Sunday, August 10, 2008

Picasso in the Morning


4 comments:

Wendy said...

There are those colours and contrasts again. The curves and the points. Clear and sharp. I'm really enjoying the Picassos you're posting here, Christy. I don't mean to be blasphemous but they'd make excellent jigsaw puzzles as well as great art.

Christy said...

Blasphemy? Haha! Not at all. I would think it flattering to have your images made into puzzles.

I had a very interesting conversation recently by email with TSP, about blasphemy. Very interesting.

As for Picasso, this work here is typical of Picasso, but from a technical view it is very different than the last one I posted.

The other one was much more advanced, he went out of his comfort zone on it and you can see he went much further on that canvas.

In most of his works like this post, he picks jewl colors and paints the areas of them flat and solid. I do the same thing with my colors.

On the other he changed color pallettes to Van Goughs colors, and his brustroke, as I said, I think in search of Van Goughs brushstroke.

It is a very big deal as an artist to change color pallettes. He was chasing something...

Anyways, this post here shows Picasso on a good day, the other showed him on one of his best days ever.

Christy said...

I think Picassos favorite color was probably blue.

It seems to be his 'fallback' or firewall color.

Mine is green.

Christy said...

Want to hear something funny?

I was watching the movie King Athur the other day, with Clive Owens (Ohhhlala!), and I realized why I like that movie so much.

It is the GREENS! That movie shows greens in a way that is profoubdly beautiful.

And then I realized if you watch 3 movies in this sequence...

10,000 B.C.
The 13th Warrior
And then King Athur

You can visually trace the evolution of the Celts!

The Eaters of the Dead!

HAHAHA!

I pointed out to my son and we rewatched them, and sure enough, it is like a visual aid for understanding the history of white people and Europe!

Seriously watch it!

(In 10,000 BC just assume the hunters of the mammoth are the first Celts, the movie the 13th Warrior IS literally based on Celts and a Germanic 'Northman" race. Probably the first Saxons. Then King Arthur injects the Romans and brings it all together)

It is a fun way to watch history!